2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31152 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:29 Fri 12/6/2013

Following Pinkel’s Missouri teams has convinced me that recruiting rankings are worthless.* If they win the SEC Championship, you should all burn your subscriptions and drink the money instead.

On a related note: Congrats to UCF on the BCS berth! (How many 4* and 5* guys on that squad?)

*except as a mild amusement when starved for football in the offseason.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:54 Fri 12/6/2013

It is official...

YOU ALL CAN EAT A FAT DICK!

BCS, bitches!!!

First year, and we run the conference!!

I told you they were getting an upgrade.

GOLDEN AGE!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:06 Fri 12/6/2013

As Ive been told before, if you dont win said BCS Bowl.. it doesnt matter

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:33 Fri 12/6/2013

You’ve also been told that nobody here cares about Iowa, but you continue to post for some reason.

BCS!!

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 08:58 Fri 12/6/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by SHIG
This years NSD is going to see tons of flips. I don’t blame the kids who’s coaches are fired/resign, but their is just no loyalty in the youth of today. Side note: Cuse potching a WF LB and Purdue OT this week.

Yeah, and you guys dont have to deal with the South Florida prima dona’s that much. Kids love the limelight from down here. You here fun stuff like I’m commited to this school, but this other school is my leader, or guys like Dalvin Cook who currently is commited to UF but he only has signed financial aid papers with Miami and FSU so far, and UF seem like a distant 3rd.

They are such good football players that you have to put up with it, but you’ll lose years of your life following them year in and year out

Hmmmm I guess what comes around goes around... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/edwards-picks-hurricanes-article-1.1256856

http://orangefizz.net/2013/10/qb-alin-edouard-verbally-commits-as-syracuse-offense-proves-its-needs-help/

Lol, not trying to rain on your parade but we have two higher rated QB commits and the reason Edouard decommited is because we basically stopped communicating with him in hopes that he would. He was a Mario Cristobal recruit and when he left for Bama it was clear we didnt want him.

Congrats though lol

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:56 Fri 12/6/2013

Congrats, Jj. Big step for UCF.

That said, shut up about the Big East upgrade shit already. You are in the AAC... the scraps of the Big East with a spattering of old C-USA teams. The AAC is full of teams that fell on the butcher’s shop floor, got ground up and sold as hamburger.

UCF didn’t dominate C-USA, but won the AAC in year one. What does that tell you? It tells me the AAC is full of red-headed stepchildren.

Your shit’s old and makes no sense.

That said, congrats anyway. I’m happy for UCF. :-)

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:40 Fri 12/6/2013

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
You’ve also been told that nobody here cares about Iowa, but you continue to post for some reason.

BCS!!

Even less people care about your team, bud

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:14 Fri 12/6/2013

Yeah.. I wanna see NIU lose.. especially given their only talent is a Sr.. they will likely not see another major bowl

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:22 Sat 12/7/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Congrats, Jj. Big step for UCF.

That said, shut up about the Big East upgrade shit already. You are in the AAC... the scraps of the Big East with a spattering of old C-USA teams. The AAC is full of teams that fell on the butcher’s shop floor, got ground up and sold as hamburger.

UCF didn’t dominate C-USA, but won the AAC in year one. What does that tell you? It tells me the AAC is full of red-headed stepchildren.

Your shit’s old and makes no sense.

That said, congrats anyway. I’m happy for UCF. :-)

Sooo... WVU is an embarrassment. Pitt is, too. Cuse is thrilled they are in a bowl this year. UCF beat Louisville, and everyone crushed Rutgers.

Upgrade.

I keep repeating it because it is true.

BCS! Though, with NIU losing, our chances for a Fiesta look good. That doesn’t bode well for our attendance. Our fanbase is too young, and too poor to trek out there to Tempe. Still hoping for Sugar.

BCS!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:29 Sat 12/7/2013

Your fanbase isn’t young. It’s just terrible.