2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31183 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 20:08 Thu 5/8/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by Homer321
Really, Jax took Bortles??!!? They could have had TEBOW

I kinda feel bad for Bortles.

Great player, not a good place to play.

Bortles is a 4.8/5, bro. So is everyone else on the team.

Passion level?

Off the charts

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:05 Fri 5/9/2014

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Very pleased that Mizzou is getting overlooked in these early polls. That’s how we like it. Florida in there is hilarious after last year.

DGB was not a centerpiece of our team. We have other strong receivers, and a better passer than last year.

I admit: It would be nice if Georgia and SC got all injured and stuff again.

Mizzou has UCF again this year. Should be fun.

Our season was incredible last year and we earned every bit of it. Only loss was by 3 to South Carolina.
But, we just lost the #3 pick in the draft at the biggest position, and our junior RB also took off. I think we have a great RB to fill the role. You can’t replace a QB of Bortles level. 3 starting OL also left. QB and O-Line are the questionmarks for UCF.
Our defensive line was awful last year and should be much improved with less injuries. Defense will be great.

I don’t know if we can repeat by going to an access bowl this year. It is a possibility, but will be a tough road with QB questions. We will be near the top of the AAC again, though.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:08 Fri 5/9/2014

Really, Jax took Bortles??!!? They could have had TEBOW

I kinda feel bad for Bortles.

Great player, not a good place to play.

Jax is the worst place to be. The best thing about Bortles is he is super cool. Never saw him get rattled. He likes to remain in the pocket. Makes good decisions. By all the measurables, he should end up being a good NFL QB. By being in Jax, he should be terrible.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:23 Fri 5/9/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Jax is the worst place to be. The best thing about Bortles is he is super cool. Never saw him get rattled. He likes to remain in the pocket. Makes good decisions. By all the measurables, he should end up being a good NFL QB. By being in Jax, he should be terrible.

Yeah. I mean look at the raw talented that was wasted up there at QB. Leftwich, Garrard, Gabert.

dchmela
beers 3095 º places 108 º 05:44 Fri 5/9/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Yeah. I mean look at the raw talented that was wasted up there at QB. Leftwich, Garrard, Gabert.

If they give him some help, he might have a chance. Lots of good WR’s, plus a good RB like his buddy Storm Johnson could be the beginnings of a good O. Doesn’t help that Blackmon wants to get drunk all the time.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 16:01 Fri 5/16/2014

Stuck in an airport, might as well talk football.

Cheers to Adam for the pick em beers. Pipeworks was delicious and I’m sharing the deths tar at a tasting this weekend.

Let’s see, #1 juco rb stud jovon Robinson joins the RBU, and old piss’ starting RT is walking on at AU.

Cannot wait to drop a deuce bomb on Arkansas week 1.

UF has a ton of talent and will finish top 20, if driskel is healthy. Have a coordinator that will actually tailor o to qb strength.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:24 Thu 5/29/2014

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:53 Sat 5/31/2014

Has not been made public yet, but apparently Carl Lawson had surgery and will redshirt this yr. Turrrrible news for AU. Not a ton of depth at DE

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:48 Mon 6/2/2014

For me, WVU’s 2014 season kicks off on September 6th against Towson.

Recruiting for 2015 is going well so far.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:58 Mon 6/2/2014