2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31180 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:25 Sun 12/1/2013

I think Orange Bowl is going after Big Ten teams harder.. what with them getting affiliated there going forward with all the bowl changes.

I wonder if UCF will get stuck with NIU?? You worried about that, JJ? That team is pretty good.. but I think you could handle them easily. That’s the one game I’d like back. Lost all our Big Ten games fair and square.. but that NIU team.. up 3.. throw that terrible INT when we should be running against an inferior line.. I’ll never understand that call..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:34 Sun 12/1/2013

I think us against NIU is very unlikely. Fiesta gets the last pick, and they have to pick Big 12 Champ for one of their two. So, I expect NIU to be in Arizona.

Orange gets first pick, with FSU being in the NC game, and has the ACC tie. Likely Clemson.

If Ohio St. goes to NC game, Michigan St. goes to Rose v. Stanford.

That leaves Auburn, Bama, and UCF for either the Orange or Sugar.

But... Mizzou could pull it off, and so can Mich. St. ...and, we could blow it. I think New Orleans is the most likely for us, though.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:40 Sun 12/1/2013

Auburn is not favored in the SEC Championship.. per Vegas.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:41 Sun 12/1/2013

Now that Wisco lost, an OSU win over MSU might push B1G out of 2 BCS Spots, JJ

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:50 Sun 12/1/2013

That is possible. I would assume the Rose would take Alabama, then, if they couldn’t do Big 10 v Pac 12.

There are still a lot of crazy things that could change next week. I can’t even think who would be next in line if Mich. St. loses next week and bumps out of the BCS. Baylor?

OrlGamecock
08:25 Sun 12/1/2013

Fuck Tennessee

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:37 Sun 12/1/2013

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
That is possible. I would assume the Rose would take Alabama, then, if they couldn’t do Big 10 v Pac 12.

There are still a lot of crazy things that could change next week. I can’t even think who would be next in line if Mich. St. loses next week and bumps out of the BCS. Baylor?

Think you have to be Top 14 BCS Ranking to be considered for an at large, right? (as an AQ Conference Member)

NIU gets in regardless as a non-AQ not because they are ranked high, but because they will be ahead of an Auto-Bid winner from an AQ conference. (I think non-AQs need to be top 16 or something.. OR Ahead of an AQ Auto-Bid winner - see UCF for their easy in). I think that only applies to one team though.. so if Fresno had won out.. they wouldn’t both get in based on that rule.. just the one that is ranked highest.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:41 Sun 12/1/2013

Next weekend should be a lot of fun. I can’t remember a conference championship weekend that had so many BCS bowl match-ups still up-in-the-air going in. Also, unlike years past, I don’t think anyone really thinks they know who’s going to win these championship games.

OK, Duke vs FSU. Yeah, we all expect FSU to win, but the rest of the conferences? Damn, man. It’s a crap-shoot. Even the talking heads are reluctant to go ahead and make their picks this early in the week.

... and FSU could lose. Doubt it. Doesn’t seem possible. Didn’t seem possible that ’Bama would lose to Auburn. I don’t care how well Auburn had been running the ball down everyone’s throats going into that game. Marching down the field even though their opponents knew they were going to run. I expected ’Bama to do what ’Bama does. Shut ’em down and shut ’em up.

Nope.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:43 Sun 12/1/2013

I have a heard time seeing AZ State beat Stanford on a neutral field.. BUT they get the homefield advantage in the Championship game because they got to play in the weaker division.. So that game really could be a toss up.

Ohio State’s offense can score a lot of points and kinda do what they want to whomever.. but their Defense is pretty mediocre. It’ll be interesting to see what running into Mich State (a fantastic Defense, Ok Offense) does..

Strangely enough, interested in the MAC Championship game as well. Would be really neat to see NIU shit the bed..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:44 Sun 12/1/2013

Has anyone called Monte’s cell phone? Checked the obituaries?