2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31181 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:45 Sun 12/8/2013

I just don’t think Auburn can hang with FSU.

FSU has a defense. FSU scores in droves just like Auburn.

We’ll see though.. that’s why we get to see the game.

Stanford Mich State will be a fantastic Rose Bowl though.

Baylor UCF will be a clunker (Always seems like the Fiesta gets those lately) as I bet Baylor can get up for that matchup regardless as they haven’t "been there, done that"

Clemson Ohio State in Orange Bowl is very likely.. and I see Ohio State taking care of business (if they come to play).

Sugar Bowl.. Bama vs ??? (Boomer Sooner?)

SHIG
admin
beers 13117 º places 502 º 09:34 Sun 12/8/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Also.. did no one play the final week of Pick’em? Was it just for fun?

I didn’t even get a notification that they added the week and after last week it only showed 14 weeks. Yahoo is a bunch of bullshit right there, I lost a bunch of places with my regular team.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:36 Sun 12/8/2013

Damn. I could have won PickEm!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:39 Sun 12/8/2013

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I do not want to play UCF

Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Do you think they could do anything to slow our rush? We would or will hang 70 on them. Unless, we take stupid holding penalties and drop the football on the ground every other drive like tonight.

I think pretty much any offense we can play in our BCS bowl is going to roll on us... unless we get some kids healthy in the next 3 weeks. Our defense is full of true freshmen and walk ons right now. That is why our last few games against shitty teams (Temple, USF, SMU) have been so close.
Well, and our offensive line is playing terrible for some reason.

We’ve managed to hang in there with everyone. I think we’ll get beat bad, but I also thought we would get beat bad by USC and they only won by 3.

Do u understand what a disappointment it would be to play UCF after our season? We would troll ucf and go in dry for Christ’s sake...

South Carolina didn’t have their QB for the majority of that game, JJ.

Because our stout defense hit that pussy like Jameis!

A win is a win. You won’t ever see me writing crap like "you only won by 1!" That’s the kind of shit douchers say. We won. We went 11-1. We’re going BCS Bowling. And nobody cares about Iowa.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:41 Sun 12/8/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Fearless predictions:
Baylor lays 69 on UCF

How is that fearless? They should lay 70 on our beat up defense.

However, O’Leary is 1-1 against Briles. He’s played this offense before, and done a good job defending it. Baylor has more talent than the teams he played in the past, and we likely have less talent on defense, but it can be done.

I don’t make predictions unless I have a ton of confidence. But I will say they should score a lot on us. I’m thinking we lose big. But, strange things can happen.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 14:22 Sun 12/8/2013

Can we go ahead and hand Gus coach of the year?

Yes.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 17:21 Sun 12/8/2013

Can we get rid of stupid corporate bowl names?

Can we call it the Citrus Bowl instead of Capital One, or would whippersnappers not know what we’re talking about?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:24 Sun 12/8/2013

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by mgumby10
How was that not an ejection on that dirty ass Auburn player?

Should have been an ejection.
l
Don’t be a lady... Because a golf cart happened to be sitting there?

I’m with you here. It was unfortunate that the Mizzou player slid into the worst possible place on that golf cart with his spine snd/or ribs, but the 15 yards was enough.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:31 Sun 12/8/2013

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Can we go ahead and hand Gus coach of the year?

Yes.

David Cutcliffe or Gus Malzahn. No argument out of me regarding either choice.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if Jimbo Fisher or Art Briles won it. Briles probably should have won it one of the past three seasons.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:42 Sun 12/8/2013

I just don’t think Auburn can hang with FSU.

FSU has a defense.

Should be a classic game. I’m concerned that FSU gave up 34 points to BC. I also thought Alabama’s defense was flawless. FSU vs Auburn might be another barn burner decided by whoever has the ball last. I’ll be watching for sure.