2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31176 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 02:57 Wed 12/4/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
You don’t think Alabama would stay ahead of you?

That’d certainly be an interesting situation.

You think Alabama would jump Missouri if Missouri wins the SEC? By beating the team that just beat Alabama?

Why? Just because Alabama is Alabama?

I’d like to say it’s impossible but I suppose it could happen if the Missouri-Auburn game is especially ugly--i.e. both teams look terrible--and then the usual voter bias kicks in. But the game would have to be historically bad.

Otherwise, if OSU loses, the SEC champion goes to Pasadena.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 04:45 Wed 12/4/2013

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
You don’t think Alabama would stay ahead of you?

That’d certainly be an interesting situation.

You think Alabama would jump Missouri if Missouri wins the SEC? By beating the team that just beat Alabama?

Why? Just because Alabama is Alabama?

Alabama is currently ahead of Mizzou in the BCS rankings. That’s all that matters when it comes to who gets into the NCG. So, Mizzou needs to jump Alabama, which I think you will if you beat Auburn.

That all changes next season with the +1 playoff system.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:02 Wed 12/4/2013

Right. No need to get upset.

Im dumping info that paints many of the different pictures

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 12:42 Wed 12/4/2013

I’m glad everyone’s talking about Auburn, OSU and the BCS instead of Missouri. Hopefully Auburn’s players are lingering in the glow of beating Alabama while thinking about Ohio State and Florida State. We know what Mizzou’s players are thinking about this week.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:48 Wed 12/4/2013

The things that I’ll always identify with Missouri:

We ended our rivalry in the 19-naughts because they were opposed to us having black players.

They cancelled the re-upped Home & Home in the 2000s because they thought Iowa was too difficult of a non-con.

2010 Insight Bowl.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:29 Wed 12/4/2013

West Virginia and Missouri had a home and home in the 90’s, I think. I remember it, just not the exact years. Also played them in a wild bowl game back in, I don’t really know, but I’ll go with 1998? Marc Bulger was QB for WVU. Sounds about right, give or take. We split the home and home and Mizzou won the bowl game by 7, I think. Something like 42-35. Maybe only three points.

I liked their old lids. The new helmets make me throw up in my mouth a little. Horrid.

The best thing that can happen to any team at a time like this is for the talking heads to NOT be talking about them. That’s gonna work in Missouri’s favor. Chip on the shoulder and all that.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:13 Wed 12/4/2013

Ironically, WVU vs Mizzou basketball tonight. 7:00 PM EST ESPN2.

We might not look so good now, but I think we’ll be playing well come tourney time. Young... very young... infantile.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 16:04 Thu 12/5/2013

The things that I’ll always identify with Missouri:

We ended our rivalry in the 19-naughts because they were opposed to us having black players.

They cancelled the re-upped Home & Home in the 2000s because they thought Iowa was too difficult of a non-con.

2010 Insight Bowl.

The things I’ll always identify with Iowa:

Corn.

Two cool chicks I used to know at different times in my life. But they also remind me of corn.

Steve Alford, because he was at SMS for a while and I interviewed once and he was a dick. I was trying to ask him questions and instead he literally gave me an autographed picture of himself. But he’s really Indiana’s fault, not Iowa’s.

Insight Bowl was a good game even though we lost. That game is the only explanation for Blaine Gabbert’s existence in the NFL -- he threw for 434 yards and was uncannily accurate that day -- which still confuses Missouri fans.

Corn.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:06 Thu 12/5/2013

Steve Alford IS a dick. You win, sir.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 16:07 Thu 12/5/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Ironically, WVU vs Mizzou basketball tonight. 7:00 PM EST ESPN2.

We might not look so good now, but I think we’ll be playing well come tourney time. Young... very young... infantile.

Mizzou is a very unconvincing 7-0. Bunch of weak sisters, and some of the games were close.

Double dose of Mizzou for the whole country on Saturday. CBS will show UCLA kicking our ass in basketball before the SEC Championship. You will all be sick of us, if you aren’t already.