Let’s talk Cheese.

Reads 14835 • Replies 108 • Started Sunday, December 27, 2015 4:57:49 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

b3shine
beers 12189 º places 372 º 06:56 Mon 12/28/2015

Velveeta

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 07:03 Mon 12/28/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by VsXsV
Got a kilogram of top shelf Parmeggiano Regiano Parmesan for Christmas. I’m very happy with that.

A Kilo of that would last me for ever.

Will you eat slices/chunks like most normal cheese’s or just grate it over Pasta and other Italian based dishes?

<*))))))><

Yeah, I’ve not figured out how to handle it. Will probably make some very Parmesan heavy dishes (risotto etc) and eat a bit of it as is. Might cut it into smaller chunks and vacuum seal them at work.

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 09:05 Mon 12/28/2015

Got a kilogram of top shelf Parmeggiano Regiano Parmesan for Christmas. I’m very happy with that.

Will you eat slices/chunks like most normal cheese’s or just grate it over Pasta and other Italian based dishes?

<*))))))><

Yeah, I’ve not figured out how to handle it. Will probably make some very Parmesan heavy dishes (risotto etc) and eat a bit of it as is. Might cut it into smaller chunks and vacuum seal them at work.

Make pesto in the summer

X
beers 172 º places 1 º 09:18 Mon 12/28/2015

Originally posted by furthur
You all are regular cheese heads! I’ve got a half of a lancashire bomb I got for Christmas, some generic soft goat cheese, a bric of med cheddar, a bric of tillamook Swiss (who bought that?), and some cheep string cheese we use for dog treats.

Go Packers!

spacecoyote
12:26 Mon 12/28/2015

rennat42
beers 5363 º places 205 º 17:34 Mon 12/28/2015

Gorgonzola
Smoked Gouda
Black pepper sharp cheddar (local)
Pepper Jack mozzarella (local)

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 21:55 Tue 12/29/2015

<*))))))><

Might I suggest the rinds in a good Tuscan-style soup eg. with kale, herbs tomatoes and beans, Minestrone or a variant. Sometimes adding very good sausage to the simmer. Huge flavor from the rinds!

The edible cheese, I’d snack on very thin slices as well! Maybe make some crostini with it.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 22:45 Tue 12/29/2015

Originally posted by spacecoyote

wensleydale

Steasy66
beers 1156 º places 10 º 23:59 Tue 12/29/2015

I smoked a bunch of pepper jack last night, so that.

Scopey
beers 24203 º places 728 º 04:29 Wed 12/30/2015

I have some serious stuff in the fridge at the moment -

Langres AOC
Cropwell Bishop Shropshire Blue
St Maure de Touraine AOC
Lincolnshire Poacher
Wyfe of Bath