RBSG ’09 Grand Tasting Bottle List

Reads 19346 • Replies 189 • Started Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:27:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gypsy19
beers 726 º places 11 º 17:47 Wed 7/8/2009

Originally posted by heckodad1
Hey Rate Beer crew, My name is Ken and this will be my first BGSG and grand tasting! I was going through the list of beers and saw no bourbon barrel Old Rasputin XI or North Coast Brewing 20TH Anniversary Ale. Any new friends want to help sample a few?

Oh, sorry; If I would’ve known you were actually from North Coast I wouldn’t have offered the Old Razz XII. That would’ve been kind of silly...

Anyhow would be nice to meet you anyway to bullshit about North Coast considering Razz and Old Stock were the 2 beers that started it all for me. And still solid go-to’s I might add.

Cheers.

Gypsy19
beers 726 º places 11 º 17:49 Wed 7/8/2009

Originally posted by aspidites
Also confirmed an extremely rare, never released to the public small batch Brandy.

Geeked!

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 17:51 Wed 7/8/2009

Originally posted by Gypsy19
Also confirmed an extremely rare, never released to the public small batch Brandy.

Geeked!

If it’s what I think it is, or a variant thereof, I can vouch for it being fantastic.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 17:56 Wed 7/8/2009

I will have a bottle of the Anchor Barrel Aged beer for the grand tasting.

heckodad1
18:03 Wed 7/8/2009

Originally posted by heckodad1
Hey Rate Beer crew, My name is Ken and this will be my first BGSG and grand tasting! I was going through the list of beers and saw no bourbon barrel Old Rasputin XI or North Coast Brewing 20TH Anniversary Ale. Any new friends want to help sample a few?

For those of you that don’t know already, Ken here is the head production brewer at North Coast and a hell of a nice guy.

Hey thanks for the fancy title but for the record I am just the Morning Brewer and Floor Supervisor. The head brewer is in a office upstairs! Hey Mike, give me a call. To the others...Ill work on the 20TH bottles for trade.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 18:11 Wed 7/8/2009

Just confirmed both a Firkin and Cask on tap for us at Lagunitas as well as some special stuff they are sending to the Grand tasting!

heckodad1
18:12 Wed 7/8/2009

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by arjoseph
Here’s a compilation of the beers mentioned in this thread:
homebrewed maple/cognac barleywine
homebrewed 04VE-RR Temptation hybrid

I didn’t mean to sound like a cheap ass and that I’m only bringing homebrews. I am bringing some other stuff too but just thought that maybe people would like to try some of my (relatively) crappy homebrews. Anyway, you can add this to the list:

Brauhaus Sternen - Wartmanns No 1 Barley Wine (sounds more like a quad than a barleywine by the description in the attached booklet)

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wartmanns-no-1-barley-wine/59779/

Brauhaus Sternen - Wartmanns No 3 Choco Stout

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wartmanns-no-3-choco-stout/68051/

Brauhaus Obermühle - Schwarzbier (or so I am told, something experimental in any case, growler)

And some other random european stuff. Also I know AlohaC said he’d bring a BA Decadence 07, so should I bring a regular Decadence 07 to go with it? What about a regular Decadence 06? And what about some vintage Old Gaurdians? Nothing crazy on the OGs but I have 06-09.

I’m always up for trying homebrews, your ideas sound interesting.

alohaC
beers 12 º 18:53 Wed 7/8/2009

Just confirmed both a Firkin and Cask on tap for us at Lagunitas as well as some special stuff they are sending to the Grand tasting!

Who in the hell is going to drink all this beer? Oh, wait...KP and the crazy Danes are coming!

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 20:14 Wed 7/8/2009

not me, imma only gonna do like 4-5 pints a day.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 20:32 Wed 7/8/2009

I’m bringing telegraph reserve wheat and nothing else. Its a damn good beer. Is it distributed in the bay area?