RBSG ’09 Grand Tasting Bottle List

Reads 19338 • Replies 189 • Started Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:27:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

alohaC
beers 12 º 19:12 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by cquiroga
Originally posted by alohaC
The Grand Tasting is about fun, making friends and sharing beer. To me, it’s not about who has the biggest beer penis. I’m just lucky to have friends who are not only great brewers, but also generous folks.

Sure, there will be hoopla over some bottles, but anything you bring is totally fine. Trust me. I’ll sit back with you and watch the beer geeks/tickers fight over thimble-size samples while we drink glasses of other good stuff.

So you’re saying I can have your extra thimble of the Veritas 005? Thanks man. . ..

Haha. You know all too well how it goes. I’m going to need friggin’ body armor when I open that bottle!

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 19:15 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by wavers1
i had might as well not even come, i don’t have shit to offer next to any of this stuff.

The Grand Tasting is about fun, making friends and sharing beer. To me, it’s not about who has the biggest beer penis. I’m just lucky to have friends who are not only great brewers, but also generous folks.

Sure, there will be hoopla over some bottles, but anything you bring is totally fine. Trust me. I’ll sit back with you and watch the beer geeks/tickers fight over thimble-size samples while we drink glasses of other good stuff.

word, thats what im on.

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 19:17 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by cquiroga

So you’re saying I can have your extra thimble of the Veritas 005? Thanks man. . ..

you can have anything that i only get a thimble full of, i don’t care what it is. its like sharing a joint between 50 people, just goes to waste a lot of the time, imo.

zythum
19:53 Mon 7/6/2009

unless I missed somebody elses post, I’ll bring The Bruery Papier. I’ve got 2 750ml set aside.

alohaC
beers 12 º 21:00 Mon 7/6/2009

I have extra slots in the styro I’m bringing up. Does anyone want me to bring an ’07 BA Decadence Imperial Porter?

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 21:11 Mon 7/6/2009

I have extra slots in the styro I’m bringing up. Does anyone want me to bring an ’07 BA Decadence Imperial Porter?

More sick berrs plz. Thx, cq

jhenry04
23:01 Mon 7/6/2009

I wouldn’t kick that out of bed.

alexsdad06
beers 17945 º places 78 º 23:06 Mon 7/6/2009

Absolutely yes.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 23:28 Mon 7/6/2009

Still sifting through the cases of beer but so far I’ve set aside 2 interesting looking beers that I got in Switzerland a week ago: a "barleywine" and a chocolate stout. They both come with a little booklet that has a description in swiss german. Its close enough to german that I can make out (on the barleywine) something about belgian influence, carmelized sugar, and spices. Sounds more like a quad to me but what ever. Also a friend in Germany knows some people who just recently opened a brewery so he got me a growler of an experimental schwarzbier (allegedly, we’ll see what it actually is).

Other than that, I guess I could unload some Supplication, Temptation, and Beatification. I’ve also got a whole case of stone 11th to get rid of if anyone wants me to bring some of that.

What about homebrews? Any interest in a homebrewed maple/cognac barleywine or a 04VE-RR Temptation hybrid?

alohaC
beers 12 º 01:27 Tue 7/7/2009

Originally posted by alexsdad06

Absolutely yes.

Ok, that one is covered. Any other limited beers from SD people are dying to try? Got 2 spots left in the box.