RBSG ’09 Grand Tasting Bottle List

Reads 19341 • Replies 189 • Started Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:27:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 17:11 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by aspidites
Just confirmed Triple Rock RBSG 09 IPA dne with all A hops and possibly his new Imperial Stout.

That is the official name of the beer.

alohaC
beers 12 º 17:15 Mon 7/6/2009

Just confirmed Triple Rock RBSG 09 IPA dne with all A hops and possibly his new Imperial Stout.

Hell yeah. I love Rodger’s IPAs. The IMAX on cask he sent down here recently for Real Ale Fest was great.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 17:25 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by alohaC

Hell yeah. I love Rodger’s IPAs. The IMAX on cask he sent down here recently for Real Ale Fest was great.

He is doing some amazing IPAs at Triple Rock and that IMAX was incredible.

MrDick
beers 381 º places 13 º 17:38 Mon 7/6/2009

I have some old(er) beers that need to be cracked open:

Alesmith Old Numbskull ’03
Alesmith Yulesmith ’02
Anchor Xmas Ale ’91 (12 oz)
Fishtales Leviathan ’02 (750ml)
New Belgium La Folie ’02
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ’98, ’99, ’00, ’01
Stone Double Bastard ’03
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot ’03
Weyerbacher Old Heathen Imperial Stout ’03
Victory Storm King ’03

And I’ll bring some beers to CityBeer on Thursday night to help round out whatever Craig puts on tap.

alohaC
beers 12 º 17:55 Mon 7/6/2009

He is doing some amazing IPAs at Triple Rock and that IMAX was incredible.

Rodger has always been a rock solid brewer, but I love what he’s doing/done for Triple Rock. I’ve always had a soft spot for that place. Was in there a couple of months ago and it’s definitely changed for the better. The staff loves him, too. Looking forward to some of his beers this weekend!

seaoflament
18:04 Mon 7/6/2009

On top of a few pre-release bottles of Duck Duck Gooze, Tomme gave me an extra special bottle to share:

In Veritas Vino 005

It’s an extremely small batch sour done with some Southern California red wine grapes donated by a local friend/farmer. It’s the shizz and we’ll be drinking it before the GABF judges.

wow, you must have worn out your kneepads on this one

yeah, I’m just jealous that I’m not going to this.

alohaC
beers 12 º 18:13 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by seaoflament
wow, you must have worn out your kneepads on this one
yeah, I’m just jealous that I’m not going to this.

Yep. You’re missing out on a version of Veritas most will never see.
Oh well, at least we can enjoy our beer instead of following you around with a big trash can.

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 18:52 Mon 7/6/2009

i had might as well not even come, i don’t have shit to offer next to any of this stuff.

alohaC
beers 12 º 19:01 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by wavers1
i had might as well not even come, i don’t have shit to offer next to any of this stuff.

The Grand Tasting is about fun, making friends and sharing beer. To me, it’s not about who has the biggest beer penis. I’m just lucky to have friends who are not only great brewers, but also generous folks.

Sure, there will be hoopla over some bottles, but anything you bring is totally fine. Trust me. I’ll sit back with you and watch the beer geeks/tickers fight over thimble-size samples while we drink glasses of other good stuff.

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 19:04 Mon 7/6/2009

The Grand Tasting is about fun, making friends and sharing beer. To me, it’s not about who has the biggest beer penis. I’m just lucky to have friends who are not only great brewers, but also generous folks.

Sure, there will be hoopla over some bottles, but anything you bring is totally fine. Trust me. I’ll sit back with you and watch the beer geeks/tickers fight over thimble-size samples while we drink glasses of other good stuff.

So you’re saying I can have your extra thimble of the Veritas 005? Thanks man. . ..