Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 31384 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 16:34 Wed 11/1/2017

Anybody else think the "reviewers" on UT over rate (over score) the hell out of damn near every beer they rate? Most of the scores seem outta control, to me anyways.

radagast83
beers 12467 º places 436 º 16:45 Wed 11/1/2017

Originally posted by sloth
Anybody else think the "reviewers" on UT over rate (over score) the hell out of damn near every beer they rate? Most of the scores seem outta control, to me anyways.
Maybe.

Macro beers seem to higher ratings on Untappd over Ratebeer. I'd say that the ratings for the "hyped" stuff is about on par with what you'd expect to see here. I'll agree that a number of local beers often get over hyped by people throwing out 5's to their local favorite brewery.

I still think the much larger sample size makes up for most of this though across the board though.

Iznogud
beers 13238 º places 1283 º 17:02 Wed 11/1/2017

I've started using Untappd scores for shopping because beers at RB seem "under scored" when it comes to good beer. Yeah, macro seem to be rated too highly at UT, but I don't care since I have no use of those numbers.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 19:05 Wed 11/1/2017

Paranoia, great destroyer.

Marko
admin
beers 17959 º places 879 º 13:01 Thu 11/2/2017

Well, the tags page certainly took a major hit in usability recently, having been split into tags by letter, with the suggested tags not being shown properly either (one at a time, have to go to a letter for it to show the adequate suggested tag that starts with the letter). Hope it's just a temporary setback.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 14:35 Fri 11/3/2017

Wow, I see a growing presence of Untappd on Facebook. BA has always had a presence there but RB?
Other than an occasional post by Joe...

wouldn't that be 1 way to attract new members to RB??

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 14:45 Fri 11/3/2017

Totally agree !!

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 14:48 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by Crit

Totally agree !!

Totally disagree.!

radagast83
beers 12467 º places 436 º 15:24 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker
Wow, I see a growing presence of Untappd on Facebook. BA has always had a presence there but RB?

+1

The page has 25k followers, but it doesn't look like a whole lot of interaction on individual posts.

Daily posts, even if they are just sharing beer articles from other news sources, would be a good first step to getting the page more active, and hopefully foster a larger online presence.

The RB weekly should always be posted there, every week.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 15:28 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by radagast83
Originally posted by Bill Becker

+1

The page has 25k followers, but it doesn't look like a whole lot of interaction on individual posts.

Daily posts, even if they are just sharing beer articles from other news sources, would be a good first step to getting the page more active, and hopefully foster a larger online presence.

The RB weekly should always be posted there, every week.