Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 30842 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 06:08 Fri 10/27/2017

Lots of bottle shops do show Ratebeer scores to highlight their better stuff. More so in the US but do see some in the Uk too.

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 06:13 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by SinH4
Still weird that the ticks count as ratings in the user rankings...

I'd imagine that will be rectified. Joe's still working on this stuff. Clearly they shouldn't count as full ratings.

Im not sure about that.
I think if RB is to grow, and i think it needs to grow to survive, while we want to keep all the good things we have and build on that data, i dont think we want to put of people who want a more untappd like experience or make them feel 2nd class.

RB is clearly ireelevant to so many people as witnessed by the number of Bars ive seen actually promoting Untappd, in a way ive never seen for RB

RB could have done what untappd is doing. But it didn't. Untappd allows bars (for a fee, I believe) to post their tap lists on the app. This could have been a really cool functionality. But instead, we have the barely used availability function.

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 07:48 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by chriso

I'd imagine that will be rectified. Joe's still working on this stuff. Clearly they shouldn't count as full ratings.

Im not sure about that.
I think if RB is to grow, and i think it needs to grow to survive, while we want to keep all the good things we have and build on that data, i dont think we want to put of people who want a more untappd like experience or make them feel 2nd class.

RB is clearly ireelevant to so many people as witnessed by the number of Bars ive seen actually promoting Untappd, in a way ive never seen for RB

RB could have done what untappd is doing. But it didn't. Untappd allows bars (for a fee, I believe) to post their tap lists on the app. This could have been a really cool functionality. But instead, we have the barely used availability function.

Yeah. But was the RB userbase enought o encourage places to, i doubt it ever way.
But im not even talking about the online boards. Thats more untapp promoting your venue.

Im talking like Brewdog, heres whats beers doing best in colab fest based on untappd score
and places in NY saying why not say what you think of our beer on untappd

Rasmus40
beers 34463 º places 722 º 07:48 Fri 10/27/2017

Agreed. This doesn't seem quite right, but let's hope Joe gets to that shortly.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 08:10 Fri 10/27/2017

I have the conjecture that my ticks are beers I've also rated and therefore, I don't see them in the tick list.

However, that must have been an accident that I ticked that beer. I would really like to delete those ticks... :/

https://www.ratebeer.com/user/324362/ticks/

Just click to delete?

SinH4
beers 15467 º places 416 º 09:04 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by joet

Just click to delete?

This list is empty for me, on four different browsers on two different devices. Is it not empty for you?

I can see the tick lists of all other users I've tried so far, though.

cheap
beers 8854 º places 328 º 09:08 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by Rasmus40

+2

herrklemann
beers 1279 º places 56 º 09:20 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by joet

Just click to delete?

This list is empty for me, on four different browsers on two different devices. Is it not empty for you?

I can see the tick lists of all other users I've tried so far, though.

Can't see anything either.

mcberko
admin
beers 41839 º places 3074 º 17:42 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by cheap

+2

+3

This would be a total dilution of the site's quality if you allow mere ticks to count as ratings. Joe, I really hope this is not how it's going to be.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 18:28 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by mcberko
Originally posted by cheap

+2

+3

This would be a total dilution of the site's quality if you allow mere ticks to count as ratings. Joe, I really hope this is not how it's going to be.

Again, your actual ratecount is in your profile and will be reflected elsewhere around the site as I make the other updates, most Monday evening.