Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 30838 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fonefan
beers 74116 º places 698 º 15:26 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by WingmanWillis
Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by fonefan
JoeT

Does this mean I can see the beers I have scored in beer searches as if I had rated it and will my friends that follow me be able to see the same in the "My Friends" tab?

Yes, but you need to re tick all you ticks ..
If you look at a beer now that you ticked in the old system you can't see your tick ...
only by looking it up in you old list ... but others can see you tick by looking at "ticked by" witch you also can.

If you then re. tick a beer, as from today you can see your tick (stars) and it will be listed fex at a seachers by the brewery ... but now friend can not see you tick any more by looking at "ticked by"

^^ This is precisely the case.

I should add that when you tick now, it will be registered as a "personal".

I'm keeping the tick table as is and just copying ticks over to ratings.

I've got 12k to put in. Why isn't it being done as part of the migration?

Can other people see a personal rate as I've had that beer in the My Friends tan?

Noop not new ..
Only old ticks

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 15:33 Thu 10/26/2017

My ticks have all disappeared when I open a beer I've had. I'm not overly impressed.

fonefan
beers 74116 º places 698 º 16:08 Thu 10/26/2017

My ticks have all disappeared when I open a beer I've had. I'm not overly impressed.

That is what i say .. only way to see is look at the beer press "ticked by" and then you can see.

But new ticks is not perfect either ..
Since only you can see it and again you need to looks every single beer up to see if you ticked it or ratet is 🤕😣

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 16:29 Thu 10/26/2017

That is what i say .. only way to see is look at the beer press "ticked by" and then you can see.

Since only you can see it and again you need to looks every single beer up to see if you ticked it or ratet is 🤕😣

People who don't rate risk other people bringing beers they've already had, so it's their own fault

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 16:35 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Rasmus40
Originally posted by SinH4
If you then re. tick a beer, as from today you can see your tick (stars) and it will be listed fex at a seachers by the brewery ... but now friend can not see you tick any more by looking at "ticked by"

this also means tastings with you will become rather inconvenient for all of us, because only you yourself can look up if you have something in your backlog from now on.

Yes and even i can only see it if i look at "ticked by" on every beer .. unless it is a new tick from today 🤕🤕

I'm fearing quite a few beers, you have already ticked at our next tasting, Jan

Theres a solution to that, Jan just needs to get that Backlong in!!!!

In essence yes, the ticking option was never created for keeping track of the backlog of course, so can't really blame Joe or RB if that convenient yet unintended possibility disappears.

But I know you, you'll find another way I'm sure ;)

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 16:36 Thu 10/26/2017

But new ones I can see against the beers in the menu as if I have rated them, which is a plus. Just a half arsed effort to make an improvement. Either do it fully and migrate everything or leave it as is.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 17:32 Thu 10/26/2017

I've got 12k to put in. Why isn't it being done as part of the migration?

Exactly.

A mere 14268 for me by the way.

Garrold
beers 10682 º places 149 º 17:55 Thu 10/26/2017

That twenty quid investment is being put to good use, then?

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 19:23 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by Benzai
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Rasmus40
Originally posted by SinH4

this also means tastings with you will become rather inconvenient for all of us, because only you yourself can look up if you have something in your backlog from now on.

Yes and even i can only see it if i look at "ticked by" on every beer .. unless it is a new tick from today 🤕🤕

I'm fearing quite a few beers, you have already ticked at our next tasting, Jan

Theres a solution to that, Jan just needs to get that Backlong in!!!!

In essence yes, the ticking option was never created for keeping track of the backlog

Surely keeping track of the beers you've had (without doing a full rating) was the prime reason for its existence. Now I can't see whether I've had a beer I've "old" ticked but not rated without looking for it in my list of 14,000 odd ticks. I really hope this is just a transitional thing and "old ticks" won't be relegated to an archive where you can't see easily what you've had.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 19:49 Thu 10/26/2017

Old ticks aren't going anywhere