Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 30849 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:59 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by Chudwick
Tuesday I noticed I lost a handful of ratings. Today I woke up with more ratings than when I went to bed: roughly a handful.

PS: at the time of the posting in this thread I see 3337 ratings, but when I go to my profile I see 3340. I happen to have three ticked beers.

PSS - now two hours later I see 3340 ratings in here.
PSSS - when I go to my profile page I see 3337 ratings and 3 "Personal" on my desktop and on my iPhone I see 3340 ratings.

I'm working on the merging of "personal notes", or ratings with less than 75 characters, to ticks. I'm halfway there.

This was supposed to be done last week but we had some more pressing issues.

The record will be a lot like you remember with star ticks on web and mobile being more similar, but with full ratings being a comment added to the base star rating. This evolution is to better integrate ticks, encourage full reviews, discourage character-stuffed reviews, put all your rate and ticks in one place.

fonefan
beers 74116 º places 698 º 10:54 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by Chudwick
Tuesday I noticed I lost a handful of ratings. Today I woke up with more ratings than when I went to bed: roughly a handful.

PS: at the time of the posting in this thread I see 3337 ratings, but when I go to my profile I see 3340. I happen to have three ticked beers.

PSS - now two hours later I see 3340 ratings in here.
PSSS - when I go to my profile page I see 3337 ratings and 3 "Personal" on my desktop and on my iPhone I see 3340 ratings.

I'm working on the merging of "personal notes", or ratings with less than 75 characters, to ticks. I'm halfway there.

This was supposed to be done last week but we had some more pressing issues.

The record will be a lot like you remember with star ticks on web and mobile being more similar, but with full ratings being a comment added to the base star rating. This evolution is to better integrate ticks, encourage full reviews, discourage character-stuffed reviews, put all your rate and ticks in one place.

Joet.
Will you give us a thumbs up when you are done

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 10:56 Thu 10/26/2017

JoeT

Does this mean I can see the beers I have scored in beer searches as if I had rated it and will my friends that follow me be able to see the same in the "My Friends" tab?

fonefan
beers 74116 º places 698 º 11:05 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by WingmanWillis
JoeT

Does this mean I can see the beers I have scored in beer searches as if I had rated it and will my friends that follow me be able to see the same in the "My Friends" tab?

Yes, but you need to re tick all you ticks ..
If you look at a beer now that you ticked in the old system you can't see your tick ...
only by looking it up in you old list ... but others can see you tick by looking at "ticked by" witch you also can.

If you then re. tick a beer, as from today you can see your tick (stars) and it will be listed fex at a seachers by the brewery ... but now friend can not see you tick any more by looking at "ticked by"

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:09 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by fonefan
JoeT

If you look at a beer now that you ticked in the old system you can't see your tick ...
only by looking it up in you old list ... but others can see you tick by looking at "ticked by" witch you also can.

If you then re. tick a beer, as from today you can see your tick (stars) and it will be listed fex at a seachers by the brewery ... but now friend can not see you tick any more by looking at "ticked by"

^^ This is precisely the case.

I should add that when you tick now, it will be registered as a "personal".

I'm keeping the tick table as is and just copying ticks over to ratings.

SinH4
beers 15467 º places 416 º 13:23 Thu 10/26/2017

this also means tastings with you will become rather inconvenient for all of us, because only you yourself can look up if you have something in your backlog from now on.

fonefan
beers 74116 º places 698 º 13:45 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by SinH4

this also means tastings with you will become rather inconvenient for all of us, because only you yourself can look up if you have something in your backlog from now on.

Yes and even i can only see it if i look at "ticked by" on every beer .. unless it is a new tick from today 🤕🤕

Rasmus40
beers 34464 º places 722 º 14:14 Thu 10/26/2017

Yes and even i can only see it if i look at "ticked by" on every beer .. unless it is a new tick from today 🤕🤕

I'm fearing quite a few beers, you have already ticked at our next tasting, Jan

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 14:26 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by Rasmus40

I'm fearing quite a few beers, you have already ticked at our next tasting, Jan

Theres a solution to that, Jan just needs to get that Backlong in!!!!

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 15:06 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by joet
JoeT

^^ This is precisely the case.

I should add that when you tick now, it will be registered as a "personal".

I'm keeping the tick table as is and just copying ticks over to ratings.

I've got 12k to put in. Why isn't it being done as part of the migration?

Can other people see a personal rate as I've had that beer in the My Friends tan?