Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 30836 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

weihenweizen
beers 6991 º places 700 º 13:26 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Over the past months It as become apparent, to me at least, that joet is pushing ahead with some sort of "modernisation" programme.

To me however it looks more like a push in the direction of untappd. A simplified website that caters for the moronic masses.

Are we heading for a website with less stats when we want more?

A brewers list that "temporarily???" doesn't list that brewers beers.

New Forum and Beermail interface. Plastic surgery for an old and degenerating hag?

A new app that no one seems to like and that is dumbed down to something that could run on a spectrum 48k.

Joe i didn't really give a shit about the sale to AbInbev, but you promised us an amazing tech support and great functionality. What exactly have they given you? Do they just keep you on hold on your dedicated tech support line?

I really hoped we would see a big modernisation programme and more of the stuff Ratebeer is famous for. However all I see is an effort to reduce Ratebeer to a ticking app. The more you dumb the site down, the more you will force users to migrate to dumb apps like untappd.

Don't betray us Joe.

Why do you think it is Joe's intent to simplify the site and reduce stats? It would make more sense to me that they are not able to handle the work load in front of them in a more timely manner. I would find it hard to believe that Joe would sabotage this site. However, I do hope these temporary annoyances to improve the site will be over soon.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 13:32 Mon 10/23/2017

Over the past months It as become apparent, to me at least, that joet is pushing ahead with some sort of "modernisation" programme.

Sarky, I think the answer is obvious that JoeT has put us on a very dark pathway. He has become a twisted and hollow version of his former self. Just look at this picture of him chairing the latest ABinBev staff meeting:

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 13:34 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by weihenweizen

To me however it looks more like a push in the direction of untappd. A simplified website that caters for the moronic masses.

Are we heading for a website with less stats when we want more?

A brewers list that "temporarily???" doesn't list that brewers beers.

New Forum and Beermail interface. Plastic surgery for an old and degenerating hag?

A new app that no one seems to like and that is dumbed down to something that could run on a spectrum 48k.

Joe i didn't really give a shit about the sale to AbInbev, but you promised us an amazing tech support and great functionality. What exactly have they given you? Do they just keep you on hold on your dedicated tech support line?

I really hoped we would see a big modernisation programme and more of the stuff Ratebeer is famous for. However all I see is an effort to reduce Ratebeer to a ticking app. The more you dumb the site down, the more you will force users to migrate to dumb apps like untappd.

Don't betray us Joe.

Why do you think it is Joe's intent to simplify the site and reduce stats? It would make more sense to me that they are not able to handle the work load in front of them in a more timely manner. I would find it hard to believe that Joe would sabotage this site. However, I do hope these temporary annoyances to improve the site will be over soon.

I don't think he is sabotaging the website for the sake of it. I think he is sacrificing elements of the site to further the development of the app. I also think this is due to pressure from the investors.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 13:35 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan

Sarky, I think the answer is obvious that JoeT has put us on a very dark pathway. He has become a twisted and hollow version of his former self. Just look at this picture of him chairing the latest ABinBev staff meeting:

Who is the one holding joet?

b3shine
beers 12185 º places 372 º 13:36 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan

Who is the one holding joet?

jmm635

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 13:38 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by joet
ok up for air.

I am getting to the bottom of this... two things happening at once.

1) we were getting crawled in a pernicious way and so TJ dropped in our very first limiter which went in a few minutes ago. my how times have changed.

2) the dupe issue raised by fone is a very real one. Dupes were many. I dug into the fix dupe code and amped it up to be a bit smarter. I'll let admins have at it in a few minutes. I need ti to be more user friendly. A lot of dupes were hurting the function of the brewer page.

Now I'll get to more coffee and then dig into the brewer page so I can stem the tide of new dupes. Admins are doign a great job.

Yeah I don't have an idea about what you are talking about. Which is why you are probably reading this thread thinking "Sarky hasn't got a clue about what he is fucking talking about."

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 13:41 Mon 10/23/2017

^^ Ha ha, quite insane indeed. But I understand your frustration.

As our processes have become more complex and the number of people using the site increased, the potential for problems has increased.

On your second concern, I invited a fair number of users to have a look at our plans and so it wouldn't be just me who can assure you that we are not headed down an Untappd path.

I need to get back to work but please, if you have concerns give me a call or send me a private note. I'd be happy to involve you in future outreach calls or get your feedback on proposals.

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 16:01 Mon 10/23/2017

cheap
beers 8854 º places 328 º 16:16 Mon 10/23/2017

To the OP: No. He's doing the best that 1.5M$ can.

Nothing has really changed for me.

I use RB to log my rating in text, something un-bullshit- stupid ass - tapped can't touch.

I usually ignore the RB tick thing. It's useless.

nuplastikk
beers 9847 º places 73 º 19:20 Mon 10/23/2017

Detailed country stats should be updated ASAP.

Just downloaded the new app...can you not write a review of the beer from the app?