BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63112 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:46 Tue 2/2/2010

This is great!

4-man operations that are selling craploads of their beer don’t need to worry about customer service. They need to worry about making good beer and making it as fast as they can. CCB has plenty of customers with or without this nancy.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:56 Tue 2/2/2010

cquiroga with the reply of the day!

"He gave you a direct (albeit short and not very cheery) response. You called him out on it and turned it into a pissing match of sarcasm and a battle of wits. Then he soulcrushed you in that department, and sent you twirling away in a stream of fingernails and tears to go tattle to your fellow BA ninnies, because that was the only way you could think to get back at him."

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 06:09 Tue 2/2/2010

I don’t know what’s more surreal: all of this coming from a snide but not completely outlandish quip or that this wasn’t about any brewery but Cigar City.

ditmier
beers 1508 º 06:12 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by italarican
I don’t know what’s more surreal: all of this coming from a snide but not completely outlandish quip or that this wasn’t about any brewery but Cigar City.

This...like the Paris Hilton of the beer world, just cannot stay out of the aperture, and by no doing of their own

Glad Joey had the chance to respond, I guess it’s closer to an apology than you’re going to see from Tomme...

(ducks from flying bottles)

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:26 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ditmier
Glad Joey had the chance to respond, I guess it’s closer to an apology than you’re going to see from Tomme...

And the only thing Joey did was get one customer a little butthurt. It isn’t like he took money for an overly-expensive product that was, for all intents and purposes, defective.

...and for those saying "the customer is always right." You’re wrong. The customer is usually a dickhead.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 06:36 Tue 2/2/2010

when you start thinking with the mentality of "the customer is always right," you start sacrificing your product to appease every customer possible. when the only thing CCB cares about is the profit margin, they’ll start doing that. until then, i’m glad they care about the beer they make first and foremost

nqualls
beers 1452 º places 35 º 06:38 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by ditmier

And the only thing Joey did was get one customer a little butthurt. It isn’t like he took money for an overly-expensive product that was, for all intents and purposes, defective.

...and for those saying "the customer is always right." You’re wrong. The customer is usually a dickhead.

Too many dickhead customers = business failure.

jercraigs
beers 14882 º places 1051 º 06:44 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by joet
I think one interesting observation here is that most people have walked into a bar where the guy behind the counter owned the joint. If he didn’t like you or you didn’t play by the rules, you weren’t served or you were told to leave.

There was a place in SF a while back where the owner only served a few people a night and ignored everyone else - and he put out tables for people to sit and not be served. It would piss people off to no end but that was the owner’s decision.

...Real life is a lot different. If you’re an ass to someone real, odds are good that the person you’re talking to will think you’re a total ass.

Real life is also different in that if you are in a bar and the owner is a total douche you can tell him to his face. Honestly, the scenario you described above is unreal. Did he make you come to the bar or just not serve you at all? The latter would probably piss me off enough to be sure and call any and every authority to shut the guy down permanently.

GMCC2181
beers 1749 º places 95 º 07:11 Tue 2/2/2010

Breaking news...

Obama invites Joey and Dennis to the white house for a beer and chat.

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 07:14 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by GMCC2181
Breaking news...

Obama invites Joey and Dennis to the white house for a beer and chat.

what beers are they bringing?