BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63106 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 08:01 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by StFun
Originally posted by BrewEngineer
The anti-BA sentiment is pretty disgusting here.
As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.

As a member of both sites, you are just kidding yourself if you really think the same "childish bs" doesn’t happen over there.

Any time a member talks down about rb, the moderators usually step in. A thread like this would be cut to pieces for sure.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:02 Wed 2/3/2010

As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.

As a member of both sites, you are just kidding yourself if you really think the same "childish bs" doesn’t happen over there.

Any time a member talks down about rb, the moderators usually step in. A thread like this would be cut to pieces for sure.

...so that makes BA a better place? Draconian moderation?

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 08:06 Wed 2/3/2010

Don’t worry, this one will be locked shortly. BA bashing isn’t usually tolerated.

The first criticism of BA was in the form of bashing the slow server, and that is valid. It has kinda went downhill from there.

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 08:11 Wed 2/3/2010

Joey certainly doesn’t need me to defend him, but if any of the complainers are serious about not buying CCB, I’ll be more than happy to buy those bottles instead, and then some.

Joey already explained everything and offered his mea culpa. I really don’t understand what anyone else wants.

Me? I just want more CCB brews.

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 08:11 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by FlssmrBrewAlum

Forum fights are for the ignorant. Any post to encourage said argument should be removed by a moderator. Also, where did I say BA was a better place?

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 08:12 Wed 2/3/2010

Any time a member talks down about rb, the moderators usually step in.

Usually, maybe. And usually the mods step in here too. Any time? That would be incorrect.

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 08:14 Wed 2/3/2010

BA IS A WAY BETTER PLACE

Geeze man, your a meanie.

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 08:22 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by FlssmrBrewAlum

Forum fights are for the ignorant. Any post to encourage said argument should be removed by a moderator. Also, where did I say BA was a better place?

Agreed.

So, uh, why did you come onto RB and post on this thread again? Maybe to encourage argument? Way to argue for your own dismissal.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 08:27 Wed 2/3/2010

I love this thread. Anyway, what were we talking about?

jonboy32818
beers 30 º places 8 º 08:31 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by SamGamgee
I love this thread. Anyway, what were we talking about?

Orval of course.