BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63113 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 07:49 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by FlssmrBrewAlum
It never ceases to amaze me.. the differences between the two communities.. wow.

but is this advocating beer?

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 07:49 Tue 2/2/2010

It’s a great illustration of character.

More generally - are people just becoming gigantic babies?

The wuss factor these days is just stunning. 911, call a waahmbulance.

Between some guy writing a bit of a whiny email, and a brewer who’s actually doing something with his life, I bet the brewer has a lot more character and maturity whichever way you cut it.

At the end of the day, it’s ONLY who you ARE - not who ’wins’ some inane argument or what group of chattering wussies is jabbering amongst themselves.

We should learn to grow up - that’s all. People show a LOT of insecurity on the Web in general.

absolutesites
beers 2 º 07:52 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by DerWegMore generally - are people just becoming gigantic babies?

Short Answer?

Yes.

Long Answer?

Yes.

illinismitty
beers 2271 º places 279 º 08:18 Tue 2/2/2010

It never ceases to amaze me.. the differences between the two communities.. wow.

What difference is that? Just curious. Flame threads happen over here also.

All the BA guys I know are just as cool and into beer as the guys on Ratebeer. Both communities love beer. So they use a different website. That’s about it. I don’t get the animosity toward members of BA. I have been to a few BA tastings and no one has ever said anything negative about me being on Ratebeer.

egajdzis
beers 9962 º places 49 º 08:19 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by absolutesites
Originally posted by DerWegMore generally - are people just becoming gigantic babies?

Short Answer?

Yes.

Long Answer?

Yes.

Unfortunately this is what’s happening, but fortunately it happens less here than BA.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:22 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by whaleman
Originally posted by shawnm213
Originally posted by GMCC2181
Breaking news...

Obama invites Joey and Dennis to the white house for a beer and chat.

what beers are they bringing?

Cigar City for Joey and Barack and Redhook for Dennis.

One of the best parts of the BA thread was the guy getting butthurt becacuse Joey took a swipe at RedHook.

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 08:23 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by egajdzis

Short Answer?

Yes.

Long Answer?

Yes.

Unfortunately this is what’s happening, but fortunately it happens less here than BA.

I blame BA’s outlawing of snarkiness.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 08:29 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by illinismitty

What difference is that? Just curious. Flame threads happen over here also.

All the BA guys I know are just as cool and into beer as the guys on Ratebeer. Both communities love beer. So they use a different website. That’s about it. I don’t get the animosity toward members of BA. I have been to a few BA tastings and no one has ever said anything negative about me being on Ratebeer.

Exactly right.

Like it or not, beer is about peace and love. I’ve found nothing but mutual understanding between beer lovers anytime, anywhere.

And I remember a few comments here, a few I had to delete, during the Angel’s Share thing, that were not up to community standards. People are people folks.

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 08:31 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by mtoast
Originally posted by DerWeg

More generally - are people just becoming gigantic babies?

Short Answer?

Yes.

Long Answer?

Yes.

I’ve never had a problem with the snark. How does one outlaw the very gene that defines some of us? That’s just racist.

absolutesites
beers 2 º 08:39 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by mtoast

Short Answer?

Yes.

Long Answer?

Yes.

Heavy-handed administration is the problem on BA and is what has been causing the downhill slide of that site for the last 4 or 5 years.