BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63104 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 11:53 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Member of the First Church of Joey?
I worship all brewers that can turn water into beer.

Originally posted by after4ever
But it would have been easier, willpower requirements aside, to just say "Dude. Seriously. We really flip kegs quickly here, and I honestly am super busy right now. When the day comes, could you call or check the blog? Cheers, J"
I agree. It could have been handled much better by everyone. But illinismitty’s question was "was it acceptable?". I think given the circumstances it was acceptable, though not desirable.

nickd717
beers 10342 º places 299 º 11:55 Tue 2/2/2010

I said it on BA and I’ll say it here, but it doesn’t surprise me at all that guy who resembles Mario from Super Mario Bros. would feel some resentment toward a guy who calls himself "koopa." So I’ll give Joey a free pass on this one. Oh yeah and ISO more Bourbon Barrel Hunahpu’s. That was one of the best 1/2 ounces of beer I’ve ever had.

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 11:55 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Degarth
heh, you want a customer service job?

HEY WHAT IS GOING TO BE ON TAP IN TEN DAYS JERK?

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 11:56 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by after4ever
But it would have been easier, willpower requirements aside, to just say "Dude. Seriously. We really flip kegs quickly here, and I honestly am super busy right now. When the day comes, could you call or check the blog? Cheers, J"

i’m available

i hate people which is why i could never work in customer service.

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 12:07 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver
i’m available

You’d drool (or worse) on the customers.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 12:08 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers

Greetings Mr 4Beers

Thank you for your interest in Cigar City, LLC! We really appreciate it when people with great taste, like you, take an interest in us and our beers.

Several factors weigh heavily in determining the on-tap lineup here at Cigar City World Headquarters, including, but not limited to, ingredient and equipment availability, seasonal style fluctuations, keg volume, and my current regimen of thrice-hourly bathroom breaks while I recover from the flu.

Speaking of the flu, you never know when inspiration will strike--keep your eyes peeled for our new Huhnapooh Luwak stout!

We regret that our forecasting capabilities are, however, limited. The only keg we can guarantee tapping that day is Obfuscation, our new Belgian Ale. The only keg we can guarantee will be dry is the Belgian Quad, known as Prognostication.

We will absolutely and certainly have pretzels, though.

Cheers
Joseph M Redner
CEO & Chairman
Cigar City World Enterprises

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 12:08 Tue 2/2/2010

i’m available

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 12:09 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by 502Flavors
ya, I think this "joey" attacked the situation in a very childish manner. Though I have a short fuse and with all of those stresses filling my life, on top of a sickness, I might have blown up too. The difference, however, is that I would have realized my mistake after that epically long email and apologized in the third one, rather than asking the guy not to buy my products. I would assume, after seeing how big this email chain has gotten and how much discussion it has stirred up, that the dude will apologize eventually because not only did he turn the OP of to buying his product, but he likely turned a bunch of other RB/BA people too.

he’s already said in this thread that it was a dick thing to say, but he didn’t apologize to the douchebag who originally emailed him, and he shouldn’t have

Ok. I only read the first page or two. 14 pages is just too many for me these days

freaking hilarious from the CCB blog:

Cigar City Brewing published a new entry entitled "195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10" on 2/2/2010 3:02:50 PM, written by Cigar City Brewing.
195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10

On Tap This Week Starting Wednesday:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale
Warmer Winter Warmer Old Ale
Cubano Espresso Brown Ale
Humidor India Pale Ale

This is our 4 day beer forecast. If you require the longer time period tap forecast please contact our friendly team of customer service representatives via info@cigarcitybrewing.com