BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63119 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MeadMe
beers 1711 º places 1 º 10:43 Tue 2/2/2010

I agree both were wrong. Joey admitted such. That being said I don’t really see any apologies on the way. The guy works in customer service for a import car lot. He is constantly whipped by customers and is forced by the company to put on a happy face and ass kiss all day long.

He asked Joey a question. Joey have a short but accurate answer. The guy then felt power as a consumer. The same power people wield against him on a daily basis. He put his foot down or so he thought. He was looking for a warm and cozy customer is always right response with a smiley face like he provides.

Joey was having none of it, and he crushed him. In hindsight Joey seems to be saying yeah I was wrong. That being said right or wrong I am me.

Will the sales of Cigar City plummet. Nope. Will all their beer still be sold before it is even produced? Yep. In the end does it really matter? Nope. Will the same people that love the beer continue to drink it, it think so. Will the same four or five people that come into every thread with anti Cigar City sentiment continue to make a big deal out of it probably.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 10:44 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
joey’s customer service is so freaking horrible that when someone from tampa was going to be visiting dallas he sent that person with some CCB love for me.

guess that makes me a homer for life.

now can someone help me with my philosophy homework?

too busy to fly out to Dallas himself, huh pathetic customer service

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 10:47 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by askofficerfriendly
I agree both were wrong. Joey admitted such. That being said I don’t really see any apologies on the way. The guy works in customer service for a import car lot. He is constantly whipped by customers and is forced by the company to put on a happy face and ass kiss all day long.

He asked Joey a question. Joey have a short but accurate answer. The guy then felt power as a consumer. The same power people wield against him on a daily basis. He put his foot down or so he thought. He was looking for a warm and cozy customer is always right response with a smiley face like he provides.

Joey was having none of it, and he crushed him. In hindsight Joey seems to be saying yeah I was wrong. That being said right or wrong I am me.

i think this response is pretty spot-on, everyone wants to label things as "right" and "wrong" and condemn anything that’s wrong and demand apologies all the time. sometimes things can be technically "wrong" but still be just fine. especially if both parties were douches, then who cares, just pick the more entertaining side

Will the same four or five people that come into every thread with anti Cigar City sentiment continue to make a big deal out of it probably.

i’m looking forward to when it’s just me arguing no one for pages and pages

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 11:30 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver
i’m looking forward to when it’s just me arguing no one for pages and pages

Cathacrackalacka has that title locked down sir.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:32 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Adam77
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by Adam77
...He is God to them...

Ya think?
Joey’s God to me?
Generalize much?

New rule for you... do not speak unless spoken to. Thanks.

Jersey is so freaking full of retards.

This website is about opinions. Just stating mine. So I’m sorry that I have a negative opinion about CCB.

Yea I think. The way daknole and gunhaver come to rescue everytime someone states something negative about CCB.

Jersey may be full retards but we do make some damn good "reality" tv shows!

Does that stupidity of yours ever hurt?

otakuden
beers 1783 º 11:34 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by ditmier
Glad Joey had the chance to respond, I guess it’s closer to an apology than you’re going to see from Tomme...

(ducks from flying bottles)

And the only thing Joey did was get one customer a little butthurt. It isn’t like he took money for an overly-expensive product that was, for all intents and purposes, defective.

...and for those saying "the customer is always right." You’re wrong. The customer is usually a dickhead.

one of the first things you learn in the retail/service industry world, especially when in management, is that no, the customer is NOT always right, especially in the long wrong understanding that you are never going to please everyone and nor should you try.

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 11:34 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by illinismitty
Be honest though. If the shoe were on the other foot with some brewery you were really anxious to try, and you got that kind of response- would that be acceptable to you? Seriously.

I would never bug a small brewery for a personal answer to such a trivial request. I would first visit the website or online forums to try and find the answer. I do not visit breweries when I travel unless they have posted hours for a tasting room. I expect traveling brewers to give me the same courtesy and not drop by my office to visit while I’m trying to work.

In this case, that answer to what’s on tap in two weeks is irreverent. The buddy was going visit anyway, and then could call his friend with the daily selection and he could decide at that time what to get.

So, yes, if I were being a pest, then Joey’s answer was acceptable if I kept pestering and goading him.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:37 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by kp
Be honest though. If the shoe were on the other foot with some brewery you were really anxious to try, and you got that kind of response- would that be acceptable to you? Seriously.

I would never bug a small brewery for a personal answer to such a trivial request. I would first visit the website or online forums to try and find the answer. I do not visit breweries when I travel unless they have posted hours for a tasting room. I expect traveling brewers to give me the same courtesy and not drop by my office to visit while I’m trying to work.

In this case, that answer to what’s on tap in two weeks is irreverent. The buddy was going visit anyway, and then could call his friend with the daily selection and he could decide at that time what to get.

So, yes, if I were being a pest, then Joey’s answer was acceptable if I kept pestering and goading him.

Member of the First Church of Joey?

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 11:46 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by kp

So, the emailing dude was more in the wrong than he might have seemed at a glance. Which he was. Your way of approaching a brewery is infinitely better, btw.

Now, CCB is fine with me, and so is Joey (at all other times). And he has admitted that he just opened up all guns on this guy.

But it would have been easier, willpower requirements aside, to just say "Dude. Seriously. We really flip kegs quickly here, and I honestly am super busy right now. When the day comes, could you call or check the blog? Cheers, J"

Things got kind of adversarial with Koopa, right from the start. Sun Tzu says "confront your enemy with the tip of your sword resting against his face." That means let him know the status of the situation, that he’s on thin ice. In this case, Joey opted to confront him with the tip of his sword stuffed against the back of his ribcage. But I could see how this guy wouldn’t exactly be missed around the taproom, though. They both got out of sorts.

Degarth
11:52 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by after4ever
But it would have been easier, willpower requirements aside, to just say "Dude. Seriously. We really flip kegs quickly here, and I honestly am super busy right now. When the day comes, could you call or check the blog? Cheers, J"

heh, you want a customer service job?