BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63100 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 10:21 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Adam77
Originally posted by puzzl
Looks like we can officially call it that Joey was wrong!

Interesting the disparity in the poll vs in this thread. It looks pretty equal, if not lopsided towards him being right in the thread, but the numbers don’t lie.

One wonders that if here, where the site "elders" are tending to side with their friend and fellow ratebeerian, the rest of the folk are afraid to speak up against him, whereas at BA there is a much more "common man"/working class vibe and the populist reaction against the big-headed business man is more accepted.

I’ll say it...

He was wrong. But so many Florida "homers" will stick their man through thick and thin and never admit that he was wrong.

He is God to them.

Cue Gunhaver defense post in 3,2,1...

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 10:21 Tue 2/2/2010

Interesting the disparity in the poll vs in this thread. It looks pretty equal, if not lopsided towards him being right in the thread, but the numbers don’t lie.

One wonders that if here, where the site "elders" are tending to side with their friend and fellow ratebeerian, the rest of the folk are afraid to speak up against him, whereas at BA there is a much more "common man"/working class vibe and the populist reaction against the big-headed business man is more accepted.

I’ll say it...

He was wrong. But so many Florida "homers" will stick their man through thick and thin and never admit that he was wrong.

He is God to them.

Your trolling skills are truly pathetic.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:25 Tue 2/2/2010

...He is God to them...

Ya think?
Joey’s God to me?
Generalize much?

New rule for you... do not speak unless spoken to. Thanks.

Jersey is so freaking full of retards.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:31 Tue 2/2/2010

Anyway, paying no more attention to the turd that distracted me:

I just noticed this thread.

So, after wading in, testing the waters and splashing around a little bit, I’ve come to two conclusions:

1. There is some type of history between this particular customer and CCB.

2. A five minute PollDaddy.com Super Bowl commercial featuring Danika Patrick, Carmen Electra, Beyoncé and a tub of baby oil would be totally hot.

hopson
beers 635 º places 11 º 10:34 Tue 2/2/2010

I voted that Joey was wrong, and think he was. I’m not coming at this from a "the customer is always right perspective"- what he said just came off as dickish and unprofessional. I am not afraid to speak up, but simply saying he was wrong does not add much to the discourse. That’s really all I had to say, and imagine a lot of people feel the same way. That’s probably why there is not much feedback from the "wrong" voters.

That said, I’m going to Tampa this spring for a week long vacation...Clearwater to be precise. And you can be damn sure I’ll be at Cigar City- the beer sounds so delicious. It’s one of the things I’m looking forward to the most about the trip. This latest email fracas has no impact on my decision to purchase the guy’s beer. I imagine many feel the same way on that point, regardless of what anyone says on the threads.

Adam77
beers 457 º places 11 º 10:34 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by hopscotch
...He is God to them...

Ya think?
Joey’s God to me?
Generalize much?

New rule for you... do not speak unless spoken to. Thanks.

Jersey is so freaking full of retards.

This website is about opinions. Just stating mine. So I’m sorry that I have a negative opinion about CCB.

Yea I think. The way daknole and gunhaver come to rescue everytime someone states something negative about CCB.

Jersey may be full retards but we do make some damn good "reality" tv shows!

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 10:35 Tue 2/2/2010

To be clear, as one of the "elders" who actually defended Joey a bit on this thread and on BA, I think he was "wrong" too. He was wrong in a hilarious and fitting way, so I could easily argue that my overall stance fits within any of the four categories: "Right!", "Wrong!", "They were both wrong!", and "Who the hell cares, CCB rules!"

I ended up voting, "They were both wrong!"

Still hilarious. Still props. And the BA guy was still a bit of a whiny lil’ bitch. This is all being made into way more of a tiff than it ever deserved. Should’ve died before it even started.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 10:39 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by miketd

I’ll say it...

He is God to them.

Cue Gunhaver defense post in 3,2,1...

joey’s response sounds like a more educated version of something i would say, so of course i’m going to defend it, not entirely because it’s joey, but because it’s a perfect ownage of an entitled douchebag.

besides, i’ve dealt with joey plenty of times, and the whole point of the thread was that CCB has "terrible customer service," which couldn’t be less true. i’m hardly being a homer when i’m dealing with cold hard facts

lol @ Adam77 btw, another guy who loves to troll and bash "homers" relentlessly then somehow feigns innocence when someone calls him out on it. "hey man just stating my opinion what’s the big deal i didn’t do anything wrong!"

anyway cigar city sucks big beers suck top 50 is a joke

can we just get back to some beer please?

joey’s customer service is so freaking horrible that when someone from tampa was going to be visiting dallas he sent that person with some CCB love for me.

guess that makes me a homer for life.

now can someone help me with my philosophy homework?