BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63108 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Blazer06
07:18 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by shawnm213
Originally posted by GMCC2181
Breaking news...

Obama invites Joey and Dennis to the white house for a beer and chat.

what beers are they bringing?

Too soon to tell.

absolutesites
beers 2 º 07:20 Tue 2/2/2010

Cliffs of thread:

Most people are selfish and think that the world revolves around them.

Tickers are stupid.

This guy Dennis and his friend apparently do not know how a cellular phone works.

I am appalled by this situation. i am certainly going to boycott CCB just from this one incident.

who wants to join me in a bottle of CCB for the protest?

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 07:27 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
I am appalled by this situation. i am certainly going to boycott CCB just from this one incident.

who wants to join me in a bottle of CCB for the protest?

I would but my friend couldn’t pick up a growler for me because when I gently whispered from 1500 miles away about what was on tap no one at CCB heard me so now I’m boycotting them.

whaleman
beers 2178 º places 25 º 07:30 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by shawnm213
Originally posted by GMCC2181
Breaking news...

Obama invites Joey and Dennis to the white house for a beer and chat.

what beers are they bringing?

Cigar City for Joey and Barack and Redhook for Dennis.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 07:31 Tue 2/2/2010

sadly this does look like the end of the much anticipated Cigar City/Redhook collaboration

dchmela
beers 3095 º places 108 º 07:31 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Degarth
Been without internet access all day....

I was an insufferable dick. I know that. And the fact that I took immense pleasure in writing my opus of dickish customer service replies doesn’t assuage the fact that I shouldn’t have done it. And I did take pleasure in it, wrong as it was. Because I am not the zen master of tranquility I wish I was. I lose my shit sometimes and revel in exploring new ways to be a sarcastic douchewad. But I am not mean or a sociopath so I do feel bad when I go too far. I went too far and I should really stop answering random brewery emails until I can get a grip because no reply, while less satisfying viscerally, would have been better than the text based jackassery I responded with.

As far as it being unprofessional......pointing that out is like pointing out that professional wrestling is fake. Anyone can tell it was unprofessional. The question is can a business do well and be unprofessional or even be jerks? Sure they can. Rude is what Falling Rock prides themselves on. The staff wears shirts celebrating their more dickish replies to customers. And I love that about them.....but it is not who I am as a rule and its not what I strive to be professionally so I need to follow my own advice and chill the heck out. And I suspect I will.....sometimes.

Thank you for the classy explanation to this somewhat stupid pissing match of right and wrong. We have all had a bad day at work and snapped at someone, whether that person deserved it or not. I have ripped the heads off of a few students for asking the same inane questions over and over... It’s not right, we know we did it and sometimes we get to apologize. Afterwards, that person might think we are a dick or that we are just being human. Joey has always been super nice to me and the Orlando crew, so I assume it was a bad day and the wrong email at the wrong time. He explained and apologized. Drink CCB. Don’t drink CCB.

Move along now, nothing else to see here

Originally posted by dchmela
Originally posted by Degarth
Been without internet access all day....

I was an insufferable dick. I know that. And the fact that I took immense pleasure in writing my opus of dickish customer service replies doesn’t assuage the fact that I shouldn’t have done it. And I did take pleasure in it, wrong as it was. Because I am not the zen master of tranquility I wish I was. I lose my shit sometimes and revel in exploring new ways to be a sarcastic douchewad. But I am not mean or a sociopath so I do feel bad when I go too far. I went too far and I should really stop answering random brewery emails until I can get a grip because no reply, while less satisfying viscerally, would have been better than the text based jackassery I responded with.

As far as it being unprofessional......pointing that out is like pointing out that professional wrestling is fake. Anyone can tell it was unprofessional. The question is can a business do well and be unprofessional or even be jerks? Sure they can. Rude is what Falling Rock prides themselves on. The staff wears shirts celebrating their more dickish replies to customers. And I love that about them.....but it is not who I am as a rule and its not what I strive to be professionally so I need to follow my own advice and chill the heck out. And I suspect I will.....sometimes.

Thank you for the classy explanation to this somewhat stupid pissing match of right and wrong. We have all had a bad day at work and snapped at someone, whether that person deserved it or not. I have ripped the heads off of a few students for asking the same inane questions over and over... It’s not right, we know we did it and sometimes we get to apologize. Afterwards, that person might think we are a dick or that we are just being human. Joey has always been super nice to me and the Orlando crew, so I assume it was a bad day and the wrong email at the wrong time. He explained and apologized. Drink CCB. Don’t drink CCB.

Move along now, nothing else to see here

stop bending over and they will stop looking.

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 07:39 Tue 2/2/2010

I still haven’t had their beers in my mouth, I need to fix that one of these days.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:43 Tue 2/2/2010

It never ceases to amaze me.. the differences between the two communities.. wow.