BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63103 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

LtDan
beers 1808 º places 65 º 15:49 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by LtDan
This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic. In the past, they have nuked threads that don’t even come close to this silliness.

Indeed, I love how Todd said something along the lines of "thanks for the great discussion!" when he froze the thread. At least they are finally coming around.

It’s cheap and tacky. I’m guessing their subscription numbers are down. I mean, they went from glossy paper to news print "to lower their carbon foot print."

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 15:53 Tue 2/2/2010

"Going green!" is better than "Going out of business," right?

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 16:00 Tue 2/2/2010

What a joke! I really enjoyed reading through that series of posts... I forget sometimes that the customer is King. Hah! I think I just became a serious CCB fan.

shawn14505
beers 39 º 16:21 Tue 2/2/2010

Things I’ve learned from this ridiculous unnecessarily long post:

1) There are a lot of morons on both BA and RB

2) See #1

KAF
beers 448 º places 100 º 16:28 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by SpencerDB
Originally posted by miketd

As a serious question for anyone else reading this thread... Will any of you not drink CCB because of the email Joey put out?

Nope, I will continue to drink it. I have not enjoyed everything I have had from CCB but I will happily continue to try whatever they put out. I think the customer could have called ahead the day his friend was going to be there and just asked what was on tap, but the sarcastic animosity in the response was not necessary. I cannot imagine the stress levels that go into running a successful business with only four people and I understand getting frustrated with customers, and being very tempted to tell them off, but I don’t think I would be so blunt about. On the other side it is Joey’s business and he can do whatever the hell he wishes. So longs as he continues to put out good beer, I will continue to drink it.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 16:40 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by puzzl
This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic. In the past, they have nuked threads that don’t even come close to this silliness.

Indeed, I love how Todd said something along the lines of "thanks for the great discussion!" when he froze the thread. At least they are finally coming around.

It’s cheap and tacky. I’m guessing their subscription numbers are down. I mean, they went from glossy paper to news print "to lower their carbon foot print."

They went from glossy mag to newspaper because they realized they’d lose massive amounts of money if they didn’t.

dyan
beers 31 º 17:01 Tue 2/2/2010

This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic.

Are you normally this stupid or did you just forget to take your pills today?

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 17:03 Tue 2/2/2010

is "I MANAGE a customer service team for two international luxury automotive brands" the next 110k+OT?

Sparky
beers 2244 º places 26 º 17:09 Tue 2/2/2010

I didn’t read through most of this thread, but I’ll leave you with this... good customer service or not, isn’t the dream of owning your own business having the right to not answer to anyone but yourself at the end of the day and the benefit of being able to throw a big F U out there to someone if you feel like it?

LtDan
beers 1808 º places 65 º 17:25 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by dyan
This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic.

Are you normally this stupid or did you just forget to take your pills today?

Nice to meet you too.