BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63098 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MOboy
beers 510 º places 3 º 17:47 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Sparky27
I didn’t read through most of this thread, but I’ll leave you with this... good customer service or not, isn’t the dream of owning your own business having the right to not answer to anyone but yourself at the end of the day and the benefit of being able to throw a big F U out there to someone if you feel like it?

BINGO!!! !!!! !!!!

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 18:09 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by MOboy
I didn’t read through most of this thread, but I’ll leave you with this... good customer service or not, isn’t the dream of owning your own business having the right to not answer to anyone but yourself at the end of the day and the benefit of being able to throw a big F U out there to someone if you feel like it?

BINGO!!! !!!! !!!!

+110k+OT

RollinHard
beers 1024 º 21:40 Tue 2/2/2010

Yes indeed! Everyone wants to do that. Picturing scenarios like that are why people go out for beers after work much of the time anyway. I mean, hasn’t anyone seen Clerks???

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 22:03 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by LtDan
Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by LtDan
This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic. In the past, they have nuked threads that don’t even come close to this silliness.

Indeed, I love how Todd said something along the lines of "thanks for the great discussion!" when he froze the thread. At least they are finally coming around.

It’s cheap and tacky. I’m guessing their subscription numbers are down. I mean, they went from glossy paper to news print "to lower their carbon foot print."

They went from glossy mag to newspaper because they realized they’d lose massive amounts of money if they didn’t.

hey hey hey... we were all so good. Let’s not get down.

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 23:56 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by KAFthe sarcastic animosity...

.... or SARCOSITY, if you will...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 03:37 Wed 2/3/2010

How short would the thread be if someone started a thread entitled: "Name two breweries that inspired the best threads of 2009-2010"?

Bigmmartin
beers 620 º places 17 º 04:59 Wed 2/3/2010

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don’t know Joey at all, but I’m assuming he’s a big boy and can handle the consequences of dealing with customers however the hell he wants.

That’s an advantage to being your own boss. If you want to tell someone to screw off just because you feel like it, you can go ahead and take the chance of losing their business. And instead of getting fired over it, you get to read all the ridiculous threads about the next day.

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 06:10 Wed 2/3/2010

I have read way too far into this thread. The anti-BA sentiment is pretty disgusting here.
As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.
Aside from that childish BS, I have to also comment about this thread topic. As a brewer, I am appalled at the response from Joey at CC. I can’t believe anyone could act like that towards a customer. Even if a customer makes a somewhat smart remark, you must treat them professionally. This reminds me of something you would see out of Tomme Arthur. I have watch and cheered on the success of Cigar City ever since their opening day. As a southern brewer, I love to see new breweries opening in our region. However, this has sort of changed my opinion on CC. They make decent beer, but nothing has been amazing. They certainly need all the support they can get, so I don’t think this was a good move. Lets hope they make a nice apology to this customer and get everything cleared up. I work with customers every day. They might not always be right, but you have to give them respect either way.

Dead horse beaten...

Originally posted by BrewEngineer
I have read way too far into this thread. The anti-BA sentiment is pretty disgusting here.
As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.
Aside from that childish BS, I have to also comment about this thread topic. As a brewer, I am appalled at the response from Joey at CC. I can’t believe anyone could act like that towards a customer. Even if a customer makes a somewhat smart remark, you must treat them professionally. This reminds me of something you would see out of Tomme Arthur. I have watch and cheered on the success of Cigar City ever since their opening day. As a southern brewer, I love to see new breweries opening in our region. However, this has sort of changed my opinion on CC. They make decent beer, but nothing has been amazing. They certainly need all the support they can get, so I don’t think this was a good move. Lets hope they make a nice apology to this customer and get everything cleared up. I work with customers every day. They might not always be right, but you have to give them respect either way.

Dead horse beaten...

what????????????? plenty of their beers have been amazing.

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 06:30 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
Originally posted by BrewEngineer

Dead horse beaten...

what????????????? plenty of their beers have been amazing.

Please describe which ones are over the top (irreplaceable). The only one I can think of that is better than most would be the Guava Grove. Jai Alai and the Humidor version were solid, but not amazing. 110k+OT IRS was decent but not on my top ten. Overall, they are a great brewery, but they are not so wonderful and original that they can survive while being rude to customers. I have been in contact with breweries that are a 2 man show and they certainly would never act like this. The point: anyone can brew good beer with the right experience and facility, but it takes a special kind of relationship with all your customers to make you a complete success.