BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63102 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 08:34 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by mtoast
Originally posted by BrewEngineer
Originally posted by FlssmrBrewAlum
Originally posted by StFun
The anti-BA sentiment is pretty disgusting here.
As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.

As a member of both sites, you are just kidding yourself if you really think the same "childish bs" doesn’t happen over there.

Any time a member talks down about rb, the moderators usually step in. A thread like this would be cut to pieces for sure.

...so that makes BA a better place? Draconian moderation?

Forum fights are for the ignorant. Any post to encourage said argument should be removed by a moderator. Also, where did I say BA was a better place?

Agreed.

So, uh, why did you come onto RB and post on this thread again? Maybe to encourage argument? Way to argue for your own dismissal.

Come onto ratebeer? I have been here since 05 and just signed up last year. I never felt a reason to post here, but I like to read the beer reviews. I found this link on Beer News and read a post where someone said that people that felt Joey was wrong must be afraid to post their opinion. I posted my opinion, and I felt that he was wrong. I wanted to express my opinion and did not want to cause a BA vs rb argument. If people want to defend the negative actions of a brewery so bad that it should lead to argument, so be it. Not my intention and certainly not my fault.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 08:41 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver
breaking news: forums on the internet occasionally have childish discussions

You mean 25 pages, like this thread.

axilla
beers 962 º 08:50 Wed 2/3/2010

Calling out someone who hurt your feelings on a bunch of public forums is soooo cool.

Wipe your tears, man up, and get over it!! I don’t understand the need to drag someone’s name through the mud over this.

Just my 2 cents.

As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.

As a member of both sites, you are just kidding yourself if you really think the same "childish bs" doesn’t happen over there.

Any time a member talks down about rb, the moderators usually step in. A thread like this would be cut to pieces for sure.

Forum fights are for the ignorant. Any post to encourage said argument should be removed by a moderator. Also, where did I say BA was a better place?

as you seem to be heading up this forum fight now. ....just sayin it seems you just put yourself out there with that comment.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 08:58 Wed 2/3/2010

forum fights are better than real fights

shawn14505
beers 39 º 08:58 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver
breaking news: forums on the internet occasionally have childish discussions

Like this entire waste of a thread.

Enough already.

MrManning
beers 2009 º places 60 º 09:04 Wed 2/3/2010

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 09:12 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy

as you seem to be heading up this forum fight now. ....just sayin it seems you just put yourself out there with that comment.

I am reply to criticism against my opinion (which has nothing to do with most of the people replying). I have never egged anyone on. Is no one allowed to express their opinions in this forum?

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:21 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by miketd
Don’t worry, this one will be locked shortly. BA bashing isn’t usually tolerated.

The first criticism of BA was in the form of bashing the slow server, and that is valid. It has kinda went downhill from there.

Thanks.

Off the phones and email and locking...