BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63107 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 21:32 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by miketd
Originally posted by daknole
The bias towards CCB is worse than the homers you claim to be overhyping them. Its hilarious. You guys can’t have it both ways.

You are out of your mind, but you are entitled to your insanity.

Mike, you have made your opinion of CCB and their beers abundantly clear. I am not sure why the hate. It makes no sense. You have ripped them in more than one forum...not only that but you have ripped those of us who love their beers. For those of you who think I am a insane CCB homer and such just check a few things. Check my ratings of Alesmith beers, Lost Abbey Beers...maybe I just am overzealous in my love for great beers. I don’t limit my homer ratings to just CCB, I love a lot of brewers and I reward them with great ratings for beers that I love.

mattmc1973
beers 479 º places 13 º 21:32 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by joet

People seem to be so used to giant corporations and having "customer service representatives" saying, "Thank you very much sir. Is there anything else I can do to provide you excellent service?" that they’ve forgotten that there are plenty of real people engaged in business in beer. In fact, most of craft beer is still at a stage where real people answer the phones.

If you often talk to a fake person that speaks for a faceless giant corporation, you can be a total ass and it makes no difference. The person on the other side is always happy to talk to you. This sort of trains a person to be a squeaky wheel, asshole, demanding customer, whatever you want to call that.

Real life is a lot different. If you’re an ass to someone real, odds are good that the person you’re talking to will think you’re a total ass.

To me, that’s the exact reason Joey needs to be nice. When a large faceless corporation pisses off a customer and loses him, it’s a drop in the bucket, no big loss. For a small and growing business, customers are gold and you can’t afford to alienate them. If someone got that kind of response from Budweiser, and came on here bitching about it and turned off 50 people from buying Bud, it wouldn’t matter in the overall scheme of things. But 50 people turned off from buying CCB’s products is more significant.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 21:33 Mon 2/1/2010

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It’s great to know that it’s still real and all about the beer!

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 21:34 Mon 2/1/2010

seriously people? Is this thread really happening?

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 21:34 Mon 2/1/2010

Who cares if the emailer was an asshole? Is one jackass worth this amount of negative publicity?

I think the guy was kinda pushy, wanting special treatment and being lazy, but it could have been handled better. I really didn’t see anything that warranted the desire to never do business again ... makes no sense.

The soup nazi or the guy I mentioned who put out tables for newbs to not be served knew a few people getting pissed off was still in their best interest.

Neither is Joey going to miss some guy who I presume must be some kind of asshole, even if temporarily. CCB will still sell all their brew. If some bar owner ejects some butthead from his bar - even with a few choice words - odds are that other people the bar owner does business with are not going to think less of him.

I’ll still drink Cigar City, but if Joey punches me in the face next time I’m there, my opinion might change.

And I’ll go back to Toronado... I guess the guy liked me!

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 21:34 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by mattmc1973

People seem to be so used to giant corporations and having "customer service representatives" saying, "Thank you very much sir. Is there anything else I can do to provide you excellent service?" that they’ve forgotten that there are plenty of real people engaged in business in beer. In fact, most of craft beer is still at a stage where real people answer the phones.

If you often talk to a fake person that speaks for a faceless giant corporation, you can be a total ass and it makes no difference. The person on the other side is always happy to talk to you. This sort of trains a person to be a squeaky wheel, asshole, demanding customer, whatever you want to call that.

Real life is a lot different. If you’re an ass to someone real, odds are good that the person you’re talking to will think you’re a total ass.

To me, that’s the exact reason Joey needs to be nice. When a large faceless corporation pisses off a customer and loses him, it’s a drop in the bucket, no big loss. For a small and growing business, customers are gold and you can’t afford to alienate them. If someone got that kind of response from Budweiser, and came on here bitching about it and turned off 50 people from buying Bud, it wouldn’t matter in the overall scheme of things. But 50 people turned off from buying CCB’s products is more significant.

What if going out of his way to be nice is causing quality to suffer?

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 21:35 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
seriously people? Is this thread really happening?

Aw, come on Eugene. Embrace the awesomeness of this thread!

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 21:36 Mon 2/1/2010

The bias towards CCB is worse than the homers you claim to be overhyping them. Its hilarious. You guys can’t have it both ways.

You are out of your mind, but you are entitled to your insanity.

Mike, you have made your opinion of CCB and their beers abundantly clear. I am not sure why the hate. It makes no sense. You have ripped them in more than one forum...not only that but you have ripped those of us who love their beers. For those of you who think I am a insane CCB homer and such just check a few things. Check my ratings of Alesmith beers, Lost Abbey Beers...maybe I just am overzealous in my love for great beers. I don’t limit my homer ratings to just CCB, I love a lot of brewers and I reward them with great ratings for beers that I love.

I have never ripped Cigar City. I have ripped the zeal in which it has been pimped.

My rating are pretty good... I like the place.

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 21:37 Mon 2/1/2010

I am bowing out of this insane discussion right now. Joey is one of the nicest guys in the entire beer world. Did he make a mistake? I guess its how you view his response. View it as you want. This is America. Cheers to you all. I am going to finish my Abyss now.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 21:39 Mon 2/1/2010

odds are that other people the bar owner does business with are not going to think less of him.

And quite often they’ll think more of him. With a full keg room at my part time gig, we rarely know what will be on tap next when one of the 12 kicks. I can imagine that with the same situation and small batch production, it would be a right pain to forecast that far in advance, especially trying to cater to a beer geek (we’re not always the easiest to deal with).